15th Provinziale – Filmfest Eberswalde is calling filmmakers from all over the world for submitting their productions. Entry deadline is 1st May 2018.
We are looking for short and long documentaries related to the theme of Province, as well as animated and short feature films without restrictions to the topic. In four manifestos, our curators have described the criteria by which they compile films for their competitions. These descriptions can be found at: Manifestos of the programme advisory board
The international competition will be held in the categories of Documentary Film and Short Feature Film. From the films sent in, the programme advisory boards select those that will take part in the competition. The ‘e’ prize will be awarded by a jury at the end of the festival 13th october 2018 8pm.
- Award for the best documentary film in the PROVINZIALE competition: 4,000 EUR, donated by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy of the State of Brandenburg
- Award for the best short feature film: 2,000 EUR
Festival visitors can decide on four audience awards, one in each of the Documentary Film, Short Documentary, Short Feature Film and Animated Film categories.
- Audience award for the best documentary film: 1,000 EUR donated by the mayor of Eberswalde
- Audience award for the best short documentary film 1,000 EUR
- Audience award for the best short feature film 1,000 EUR donated by Sparkasse Barnim
- Audience award for the best animatied film 1,000 EUR
From 2017 on, Provinziale and Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development will award the PRICKLE special prize for the best cinematic contribution to this ongoing issue of our time, sustainability.
- “THE PRICKLE” special award: 1,000 EUR donated by Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development
The 15th Provinziale Filmfestival will take place in Eberswalde’s Paul Wunderlich Haus from 6th to 13th October 2018. Once again, the competition will be accompanied by various supporting programmes
We are very much looking forward to your submissions!Share